Home Staging is preparing and presenting the home for sale in the best possible way.
Staging is fast becoming an essential and lucrative step in the selling of real estate as it increases the desirability of a property which may significantly increase the price a property sells for!!
Homes that are staged usually sell faster and for more money.
This is because staging sets the scene throughout the house to create immediate buyer interest for your property.
As an Accredited Staging Professional Realtor, I can help present your home to appeal to the broadest number of Buyers possible.
Here are some Staging Tips To help you get started!!
Any time or money invested in the following checklist will potentially bring back more money in return, along with a faster sale.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen counter tops. Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, pictures, etc.
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from countertops, tubs, shower stalls. Coordinate towels to one or two colors only. Rearrange or remove some of the furniture if necessary.
- When it comes to selling, remember you're selling space and we need to remove as much as possible to make rooms appear larger.
- Paint room(s) if necessary, clean carpets and drapes.
- Check for windows that require attention.
- If you need to store extra possessions, use the garage or storage unit.
- During showings turn on all lights and lamps.
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, extra building materials, etc., into the garage or storage.
- Prune bushes and trees and keep shrubs and lawn esthetically pleasing.
- Weed and mulch all planting areas.
- Clear patios or decks of items such as small planters or flower pots, toys, barbeques, etc.
- Check paint condition of the house especially the front door. CURB APPEAL REALLY WORKS!!